What’s Really Behind Your Interviewer’s Questions?
Author: Mary Eileen Williams
This is it! You’ve been called in for an interview with the hiring manager and you want to do your very best. Like many other aspects in life, the key to success is preparation. And one of the best ways to prepare is to thoroughly understand the hiring manager’s true needs.
The hiring manager has several goals on his/her interview agenda:
- Do you have the skills and experience to do the job?
- Can you speak to the examples on your resume and explain them in detail?
- Are you willing to do what it takes to be successful?
- Will you represent the organization professionally?
- Are you well suited to the position and will you fit in with the rest of the department?
- Are you personable and pleasant to be around?
- Do you project an aura of excitement and enthusiasm for the position and the company?
- Will you last at the job–are your career goals in line with the job and the organization?
To read the rest of the article, click here to read the article on the Huffington Post